Call for entry: 2019
Deadline: December 18, 2018
2019 Haliburton County Studio Tour Jurying Information and Application Form Information
Thank you for your interest in joining the Haliburton County Studio Tour. Please read carefully. If you feel that you qualify for membership, complete Part 1 of the application process below.
The HCST is one of the premier studio tours in Ontario, running for 31 consecutive years and offering thousands of visitors a consistently high-quality product and experience. Being a member of the tour means that you will support our mission, which includes:
- Offering high quality, original, one of a kind art and craft
- Presenting the opportunity to interact with artists and see where and how they work
- Presenting a professional, well stocked retail experience.
- Offering a true “studio tour” experience, not just an “art sale”.
We are accepting applications for 2 levels of membership for 2019.
- Studio Artists (extremely limited).
- Guest Artists
The following apply to both Studios and Guests
- Your principle residence must be within Haliburton county
- You must have a working studio in Haliburton county
- All the work that you offer for sale must be original (not kits or reproductions), and produced by the applying artist
- Only work that has been juried may be offered for sale
- You must commit to having sufficient stock to maintain quality displays for the duration of the Tour.
- You must be able to display work and interact with visitors tastefully and professionally
- If accepted onto the tour as either a full or a guest artist you must provide proof of adequate liability insurance coverage to the Jury Committee Chair no later than 90 days prior to the first day of the Tour.
Additional requirements for Studios Artists.
- Your studio must be suitable (safe, pleasant, and accessible) for a large number of visitors.
The 2019 HCST tour takes place the weekends of October 5-6 and 12-13. All studios are required to be open on both weekends.
2019 Haliburton County Studio Tour
Stage 1: Deadline for submissions: Tuesday December 18, 2018.
- Complete the information sheet below and submit it, along with 6 good quality digital photos of your work to: email@example.com
- Rename your photographs so that your name, or the name of your studio, is in the filename, along with the # of the photo, ie: mystudio1, mystudio2…mystudio6.
Stage 2: Early January: as arranged.
If you are selected, you will be required to submit six pieces of your work to the jurying committee in early January.
Stage 3: January: as arranged.
If accepted, members of the jurying committee will visit your studio to assess suitability, public safety and accessibility.
You will not be offered membership unless you successfully pass all 3 stages of the jurying process.
We are looking for new studios which will enhance the diversity of the work already available on the Studio Tour. If you are not accepted this year, it may have no bearing on the quality or suitability of your work, but rather on the need to keep the Studio Tour fresh, vibrant and diverse.
If you have any questions, please contact current jury committee chairperson, Joyce Pruysers – 705-455-2744.
No applications will be accepted after midnight, December 18, 2018.