Call for entry: 2019
Deadline: December 18, 2018
2019 Haliburton County Studio Tour Jurying Information and Application Form Information
Thank you for your interest in joining the Haliburton County Studio Tour. Please read carefully. If you feel that you qualify for membership, complete Part 1 of the application process below.
The HCST is one of the premier studio tours in Ontario, running for 31 consecutive years and offering thousands of visitors a consistently high-quality product and experience. Being a member of the tour means that you will support our mission, which includes:
- Offering high quality, original, one of a kind art and craft
- Presenting the opportunity to interact with artists and see where and how they work
- Presenting a professional, well stocked retail experience.
- Offering a true “studio tour” experience, not just an “art sale”.
For 2019 we are accepting applications for:
- Guest Artists for a one year commitment.
The following apply to both Studios and Guests
- All the work that you offer for sale must be original (not kits or reproductions) and
produced by the applying artist.
- Only work that has been juried may be offered for sale.
- Participants commit to having sufficient stock to maintain quality displays for the
duration of the Tour.
- You must be able to display work and interact with visitors tastefully and professionally.
- If accepted onto the tour as a guest artist, you must provide proof of adequate liability
insurance coverage to the Jury Committee Chair no later than 90 days prior to the first
day of the Tour.
- Guest artists are not expected to serve on committees or participate in meetings.
- Guests artists do not have voting rights.
The tour takes place on the weekend before Thanksgiving, and Thanksgiving weekend. All artists are required to participate on both weekends.
2019 Haliburton County Studio Tour
Stage 1: Deadline for submissions: Tuesday December 18, 2018.
- Complete the information sheet below and submit it, along with 6 good quality digital photos of your work to: email@example.com
- Rename your photographs so that your name, or the name of your studio, is in the filename, along with the # of the photo, ie: mystudio1, mystudio2…mystudio6.
Stage 2: Official Jurying
If you are selected, you will be required to submit six pieces of your work to the jurying committee January 5th, 2019 at the Haliburton School of The Arts. Although not mandatory, if you have a portfolio please bring it along.
You will not be offered a Guest position unless you successfully pass both stages of the jurying process. Reminder that this is a one year commitment only.
If you have any questions, please contact current jury committee chairperson, Joyce Pruysers – 705-455-2744.
No applications will be accepted after midnight, December 18, 2018.